Seasonal Dwelling Insurance.

Have you spent years saving and planning for your own place to get away? Or maybe it’s a family hide-away thats been passed down from earlier generations. At the lake, or way up north, let the experienced team of brokers at HWC Insurance put the right policy in place, and your mind at ease.

Many insurance companies today can provide a policy for your cottage or seasonal home with similar coverages as your home insurance at an affordable rate. They can also include coverage for boats and PWCs for the convenience of one policy. HWC Insurance is here to make sure you are properly covered so you can get down to the serious business of rest and relaxation.


Your place in the woods, or at the lake.

  • From rustic cabins in the woods to secondary homes on the beach, HWC Insurance can provide coverage for your favourite place to get away.
  • Don’t forget about your boats and personal watercrafts when purchasing insurance policies.
  • HWC Insurance offers policies from many insurance companies that specialize in cottage and seasonal home insurance.
  • Comprehensive coverages are available.

Seasonal and Summer Dwellings

Some insurance companies will insure properties that are closed for the winter months and re-opened for the summer months, due to limited access during the winter months. These types of policies are not offered in a comprehensive form.

Stand Alone

Companies usually prefer to insure the primary dwelling, before they will insure a seasonal or secondary dwelling.

Coverage Options

There are a few different coverage options for seasonal dwellings such as, Fire and Extened Coverage, Named or specified Perils and all perils, this depends on your property.

What does your coverage come with?

A Cottage Insurance policy includes many of the same standard coverages as your home insurance policy such as;

  • Dwelling – covers the building described on the insurance policy.
  • Detached Private Structures– covers building on your property apart from the dwelling.
  • Personal Property – pays for loss or damage to your personal belongings while located on the premises.
  • Personal Liability – liability coverage will protect you in the event of an accident occurring on your premises in which you are legally responsible for.
  • Watercraft Floater – coverage for boats, motors and miscellaneous equipment listed on the policy declaration page.

Watercraft floaters are typically based on and Actual Cash Value basis.


Get a Seasonal Dwelling Quote

Whether you use it two seasons out of the year or year round. Our experienced insurance brokers will help you chose the proper insurance policy for your prized possessions.