Garage Auto Insurance.

Do you complete mechanical or body repairs on vehicles owned by others? If you do, you probably have thousands of dollars invested in tools and equipment. You need the proper garage insurance coverage for your business.

The proper insurance isn’t just about tools. The right policy will cover your customers’ vehicles while you are working on them, and while they are in your care.


Garage Insurance can provide coverage for;

  • Mechanical Repair of Cars & Trucks
  • Brakes & Mufflers
  • Body Repair & Painting
  • New & Used Sales
  • Detailing & Window Tinting

Care, Custody & Control

As a garage owner, you are responsible for customers’ vehicles in your shop. Garage insurance provides protection for customers’ vehicles while in your care and control.


Negligence on the part of the garage or any employee must be present for garage policy to respond. This policy provides coverage when found legally liable for the loss or damage to the customer’s vehicle.


There are many endorsements that can be added to a garage policy including: Multiple Alteration, Open Lot Theft (Owned Vehicle and Customer’s Vehicle) and many more… Please note difference insurance companies offer different coverages. Talk to your broker to find out more.

What does your coverage come with?

A Garage Insurance policy can includes the following coverages;

Building Coverage

Tools & Equipment

Commercial General Liability

Non – Owned Auto

Business Interruption


Get a Garage Insurance Quote

The experienced insurance brokers at HWC Insurance will provide a policy that offers the right coverages for your operation.


I need a certificate of insurance and my broker is asking for an agreement. Should I provide the agreement to the broker?

Yes. The agreement will describe the work that is to be done. By providing this, your broker will be able to confirm if your policy will cover this work. If not, your broker can advise you accordingly. As well, the agreement will specify what insurance coverages are needed in order for you to fulfill your end of the contract.

What is Tenants Legal Liability?

It is a coverage under the liability section of your commercial general liability policy that provides coverage for loss or damage caused to the rented property.

Why do I need to keep inventory of my tools and equipment?

We recommend keeping an up to date inventory list of your tools and equipment so that if a loss should occur, you'll be able to provide your claims adjuster with the exact information of what was lost.

I’m a Hairstylist, does my Commercial General Liability policy cover me as a professional?

No! You will need professional liability coverage to respond if a loss should occur while working in your profession.

Do I need cyber coverage for my business?

Yes! Any business who stores client data of any sort should have cyber coverage in place