Important details about motorcycle insurance.
Did you know?
The same insurance laws for cars also apply to motorcycles when it comes to liability coverage.
Top 3 causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Cars turning left in front of the motorcycle, road conditions like loose gravel and excessive speed.
Completing the graduated licensing process, with rider’s training, can help to reduce your insurance premiums.
Always wear the proper riding gear and check the weather forecast before heading out.
Motorcycle Policy Coverage
A Motorcycle policy includes the same standard coverages as your regular auto insurance policy such as;
- Third Party Liability – covers damage caused to other people and property and also payments for medical care
- Accident Benefits – covers benefits like medical rehab, income replacement, and funeral expenses.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage – includes hit and run drivers and people that do not have sufficient insurance coverage for your claims. Your insurance company will pay the difference, so you will not have to suffer.
- Direct Compensation Property Damage – pays for your vehicle repairs if you are not, or only partially at fault, for an accident. Your DCPD will pay that portion.
- Comprehensive – will pay for theft, fire, glass breakage, and vandalism. It also will cover instances like tree limbs falling on the vehicle.(Optional)
- Collision – pays for your vehicle repairs should you be at fault.(Optional)
If you haven’t already purchased Optional Accident Benefit coverages on another policy, Please consider purchasing the appropriate increases on your motorcycle policy.