Hamilton Ward & Cathers.

your main street insurance broker.

It’s our goal to provide knowledgeable insurance advice and competitively priced insurance solutions to all our clients. We want to deliver our services in the most convenient ways possible.

Explore Our Services


We understand that everyone wants an affordable policy, with the proper coverages. HWC Insurance offers policies from many of our leading local and national insurance companies. Our brokers can recommend a policy that’s right for you. Read More


The experienced brokers at HWC Insurance will ensure your policy includes the best coverages available, and a limit of insurance that is appropriate so you are not caught short, or penalized in the event of a loss. Read More


Whether it’s a rental property, home based business, or a vehicle you use for your business, getting the proper insurance with us will take the weight off of your shoulders. Read More

Have a

Our experienced group of expert insurance advisors are here to help you with all of your insurance needs. Read More


Access your insurance information using MyHWC Client Portal.

With MyHWC you can:

  • Access your policy information 24/7 via desktop or mobile devices
  • View policy details and electronic policy documents, including pink slips
  • Submit change requests or claims notices to your broker
  • Securely share files with your broker

*Please note, MyHWC is for current clients only.


celebrating 70 years. Incorporated 1950.

We are your main street insurance broker

HWC Insurance is a long-standing, independently owned insurance brokerage in Southwestern Ontario with a commitment to our communities that dates back over 80 years. Since E.E. Ward opened a small, one person insurance office in Springfield ON in 1932, HWC Insurance has grown to 5 offices and over 25 staff today. With our offices centrally located in their communities, our clients have convenient and quick access to our staff and services. It’s what makes HWC Insurance “Your Main Street Insurance Broker”.


Insurance You Recognize

Max Insurance

On a Main Street Near You


75 Talbot Street East
View on Map

Meet Your Local Team


Great Company; great staff

Gary R

We've worked with Marianne for years - she knows her stuff and provides A1 service.

Herbert H

Helpful professional service.

John W

We received great service from Lisa. To think that we did not use HWC's service earlier after having been in Port Stanley for 20 years, we are beside ourselves. Thank you so much, Lisa. Will highly recommend your service to others!

R Lang

Been with them for yrs. Good people to deal with.

Paul R

I called and spoke to Charlie about insuring my motor home from out of province. Charlie answered all my questions with a pleasant demeanor and a smile on his face that I heard in his voice. In person, he was wonderful to interact with. Charlie went above and beyond to help me on his last day before vacation. That's it folks, Charlie is my insurance broker for life! Thank you, Charlie, very grateful.

Marianne P

Excellent customer service!

Tyler F


I need a certificate of insurance and my broker is asking for an agreement. Should I provide the agreement to the broker?

Yes. The agreement will describe the work that is to be done. By providing this, your broker will be able to confirm if your policy will cover this work. If not, your broker can advise you accordingly. As well, the agreement will specify what insurance coverages are needed in order for you to fulfill your end of the contract.

What is Tenants Legal Liability?

It is a coverage under the liability section of your commercial general liability policy that provides coverage for loss or damage caused to the rented property.

Why do I need to keep inventory of my tools and equipment?

We recommend keeping an up to date inventory list of your tools and equipment so that if a loss should occur, you'll be able to provide your claims adjuster with the exact information of what was lost.

I’m a Hairstylist, does my Commercial General Liability policy cover me as a professional?

No! You will need professional liability coverage to respond if a loss should occur while working in your profession.

Do I need cyber coverage for my business?

Yes! Any business who stores client data of any sort should have cyber coverage in place